gforth

Minos2 terminal bug: rapidly repeated clear-and-redraw causes missed dra

From: Ethan Gardener
Subject: Minos2 terminal bug: rapidly repeated clear-and-redraw causes missed drawing
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2020 13:37:07 +0100

I use a text editor which redraws after every command. Issuing multiple
commands on the same line previously worked (apart from causing flicker), but
now the result is often a black screen except for the highlight and 'ok'. The
cursor is also invisible when this happens.

For every redraw, the editor runs page, list, and some code to draw the
highlight over the listing. The editor is blocked (supplied with gforth) with
some extensions. An example command sequence using blocked alone would be this:
  2 c i foo
This moves the cursor 2 characters and inserts "foo".

Possibly relevant: The redraw process draws 1 more line than is available in
the terminal with the on-screen keyboard open. (I intend to shorten it, but
don't know when I'll be done.)

Gforth version 0.7.9_20200910
Android version 7.0

(By the way, I like the new status line!)