gforth

Re: Why hasn't gforth made it to 1.0 ... yet?

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: Why hasn't gforth made it to 1.0 ... yet?
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 14:49:08 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2022, 08:41:51 CEST schrieb John Chludzinski:
> I just installed it on Raspbian-64 and got:
>

> *jski@raspberrypi ~> gforth --versiongforth 0.7.3*
>
> Gforth is what 20 years old?

You can install the snapshot that will become soon 1.0 from here:

https://gforth.org/

Debian
Depending on your distribution use oldstable, stable or unstable instead of
testing. Reason: broken libc.
Obtain the key: wget -O - https://net2o.de/bernd@net2o.de-yubikey.pgp.asc |
apt-key add -
deb [arch=i386,amd64,armhf,armel,arm64,powerpc,mips,mipsel,all] https://
net2o.de/debian testing main

The 0.x didn't mean “it's not ready“.   We just started counting with 0, not
with 1.

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o id: kQusJzA;7*?t=uy@X}1GWr!+0qqp_Cn176t4(dQ*