gforth

Re: Building from scratch on Raspberry Pi 64-bit - install-info error

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: Building from scratch on Raspberry Pi 64-bit - install-info error
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 18:01:26 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 30. Juni 2022, 00:29:40 CEST schrieb M. Edward (Ed) Borasky via
Gforth discussion and announcements:
> I'm trying to build "gforth" from scratch on a Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4
> running the 64-bit Raspberry Pi operating system based on Debian "buster".
> I cloned the repository and made it through the "source ./install-deps.sh"
> and "./BUILD-FROM-SCRATCH" steps with no problems. But the "sudo make
> install" crashed with
>
> /usr/bin/mkdir -p /usr/local/share/info/usr/bin/install-info
> --info-dir=/usr/local/share/info doc/gforth.info
> /usr/local/share/info/gforth.info install-info: excess command line
> argument `/usr/local/share/info/gforth.info' install-info: No such file or
> directory for doc/gforth.info
> make: *** [Makefile:889: install-info] Error 1
>
> Is something missing in the Pi operating system? I've run this successfully
> before on NVIDIA Jetsons, which have arm64 / aarch64 CPUs like the
> Raspberry Pi but run Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

That was just a glitch in the git repository (checkin of a updated
documentation where the menu entries for the new chapter was missing), which
should be fixed by now.

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o id: kQusJzA;7*?t=uy@X}1GWr!+0qqp_Cn176t4(dQ*