[gfsd]Re: Gpaint

From: Andy Tai
Subject: [gfsd]Re: Gpaint
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 13:55:41 -0800 (PST)

Mr. Stallman, thanks!
I am honored to be part of GNU.
I will contact the appropriate addresses following
your instructions.

I am actively working on finishing gpaint.  When
completed, the releases, documentation, README files,
etc. will follow the requirements in GNU guidelines.

Andy Tai
--- Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
> Based on the evaluators' report, I hereby accept
> Gpaint tentatively as
> a GNU package--presuming that the present gaps will
> get filled in,
> with time.
>
> Please don't forget to mention prominently in the
> README file and
> other suitable documentation places that it is a GNU
> program.
>
> Would you like to make ftp.gnu.org the distribution
> site?
> If so, please tell address@hidden when you have
> a version to release.  If you need, we can make an
> acct for
> you on ftp.gnu.org so you can install new versions.
>
> We invite you to put the CVS repository on
> subversions.gnu.org,
> but it is ok to use another site if you prefer.
>
> Could you please write some web pages about the
> program,
> to put on www.gnu.org?  Please follow the style
> guidelines
> in
> http://www.gnu.org/server/fsf-html-style-sheet.html,
> and
> send the pages to address@hidden when you are
> done.
>
> Please also write an entry or a change for the page
> http://www.gnu.org/people/people.html, and mail that
> address@hidden also.  Note that we don't want to
> talk about
> proprietary software, so if you have worked on any,
> please don't
> mention it here.  Your entry can include a link to
> your home page
> provided it fits our usual criteria for what we link
> to.
>
> Please fill out an entry about your program for our
> Free Software
> Catalog.  Please contact address@hidden for more
> info about this.
>
> Please talk with address@hidden about creating the
> mailing lists that
> you need.  There should be at least one,
> address@hidden, for
> reporting bugs.  Please tell them whether you would
> like this list to
> be open to the public or just an alias going to
> whoever you choose.
> Also please say whether you would like to have a
> public archive of the
> list.
>
> If there are a few alternative names that might be
> natural for users
> to use, let's make all the aliases that might be
> useful.  If you want
> these lists to be aliases for lists on your site,
> that is ok; ask
> new-gnu to set them up that way.
>
> Some GNU programs have another mailing list,
> address@hidden,
> for people to ask other users for help.  And some
> programs have a list
> address@hidden for sending announcements to
> the users.  (These
> are often moderated.)  Please think about whether
> such lists are
> [...]

=====
Andy Tai, address@hidden, +1 408 943 0287, +1 408 393 6370

Dept of ECE, UC San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093-0407, USA
address@hidden

Free Software: the software by the people, of the people and for the people!
Develop! Share! Enhance! Enjoy!