[gfsd]Re: conf file for ht://Dig search engine in /etc

From: Phillip Rulon
Subject: [gfsd]Re: conf file for ht://Dig search engine in /etc
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:53:14 -0500

   Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
   From: address@hidden (Mark H. Weaver)
   Date: 31 Jan 2001 13:01:06 -0500

   Soam Vasani <address@hidden> writes:

   > I'm trying to setup the ht://Dig search engine for the free
   > software directory.  The htsearch cgi program will only look
   > in /etc for the configuration file, and I can't put it there, so
   > please make this symlink on gnudist
   > /etc/htdig-gfsd.conf -> ~www/html/gnulist/htdig.conf

   I'm reluctant to make this symlink.  I really don't like the idea of
   the config file being in the publically accessible web directory.

I agree, it sucks.  I just added address@hidden to the /root/.k5login on
gnudist.  In the end I hope there will be a gfsd.gnu.org machine.  For
now soamv should be able to do what he needs to on gnudist.

pjr