Re: [gfsd]Virus in gdb-5.0.tar.gz

From: Matt Kraai
Subject: Re: [gfsd]Virus in gdb-5.0.tar.gz
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 14:05:44 -0800

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 04:26:32PM -0500, Mathias, George wrote:
> When i try to download gdb-5.0.tar.gz from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gdb/, i get
> following error message.
>
> VIRUS ALERT:
>
> Infected file name: gdb-5.0.tar.gz
>
> Any idea how can i get a virus-free gdb5.0?

I really doubt that the gdb on ftp.gnu.org is infected.  Probably
the gzip'd file just happens to contain some sequence which causes
your virus checker to believe it is.

In any case, this isn't the right list for this.  Try some gdb
related list or mail the administrators of ftp.gnu.org if you
aren't convinced.

Matt