[gfsd]AMANDA INSTALLATION PROBLEM

From: david dagsil
Subject: [gfsd]AMANDA INSTALLATION PROBLEM
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 21:17:46 -0800 (PST)

Good morning sirs,

I am installing amanda in a unix solaris sparc 2.6 and
i have encountered the following errors whenever i run
#./configure --wiith-user=amanda --with-group=backup

checking lex output file root... ./configure: lex: not
found
configure: error: cannot find output from lex; giving
up

I have already installed Flex but when i run
./configure for flex i encounter the error fatal error
common failed for target parse.c.Which i read in the
readme need the bison program but i already installed
and ran make for bison with no errors but when i run
configure for flex it does not recognize my
installation of bison.Also my installation of bison
cannot see autoconf program but i already installed it
but has an error gm4 autoconf.m4f which according to
the whitepapers need GNUm4 so i installed GNUm4 but
when i run make for autoconf i still register the same
old error.Hope you can help me with this.I only need
to run the basic setup for amanda can you provide me
with a simple installation process.Can you help me
install flex,bison and autoconf.

Thanks in advance,
David