Re: [gfsd]Re: New Field for Directory

From: Zoyd
Subject: Re: [gfsd]Re: New Field for Directory
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 10:30:47 +0000

  It is indeed a good idea to have a reference pointing to the channel
  name and IRC network/server in the software directory listing.
  Not all developers or users have IRC channels for their apps, but those
  who do have them make good use of such live interaction forums.
  For eg. #blackbox at OPN(openprojects.net), #nautilus at irc.gnome.org
  and #gimp on irc.gimp.org. The development and usage of the above programs
  is greatly influenced by this live forum.
  I think it would be good thing to have a field for the IRC channel in the
  software listing, even if there is no such channel for a particular program.
  Atleast by having such a field developers know that IRC channels are a
  definate resource.
  -zoyd