[gfsd]Details for Michael Opdenacker

From: Michael Opdenacker
Subject: [gfsd]Details for Michael Opdenacker
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 08:12:01 +0200

Hello,

Thanks for you support!
If you want to add me to the http://www.gnu.org/people/people.html page,
I can suggest the below introduction:

Michael Opdenacker (link to my home page http://michaelo.free.fr/, if
you find it suitable)
   New GNU Typist maintainer and translator to French of GNU web pages.

(I wish to contribute to the translations to French and I will contact
current translators... Note that I already translated RMS's GNU
encyclopedia announcement before the project was merged with the
`nupedia' project... see
http://michaelo.free.fr/fr/gnupedia/index.fr.html)

Thanks again!

    Cheers,

    Michael.

> I hereby appoint you as the new maintainer of GNU Typist.
> Please notify me if ever you wish to step down.
>
> The new-gnu people will mail you a file, maintain.text, which
> describes a lot of procedures for GNU maintainers.  The file also
> describes who you can ask for various kinds of support or advice.  If
> you encounter a situation where it isn't clear what to do, you can
> also ask address@hidden, which is a list of a few other GNU
> maintainers who have offered to answer questions for new maintainers.
>
> They will also add you to the gnu-prog mailing list, a moderated list
> for announcements to GNU maintainers.  They will also add you to the
> gnu-prog-disc list, which can be used for discussion among GNU
> maintainers, but whether to stay on the list is up to you.
>
> If ftp.gnu.org is the distribution site, please tell
> address@hidden when you have a version to release.  If you need,
> we can make an acct for you on ftp.gnu.org so you can install new
> versions.
>
> If the distribution site is not now ftp.gnu.org, we can move
> it there if you wish.
>
> We invite you to put the CVS repository on subversions.gnu.org,
> but it is ok to use another site if you prefer.
>
> Part of the job is maintaining the web pages about the program.  The
> main web site for a GNU program should be on www.gnu.org.  Please
> follow the style guidelines in
> http://www.gnu.org/server/fsf-html-style-sheet.html.  One way you can
> install changes is by sending diffs to address@hidden  If you
> make changes frequently, other methods are also available--please talk
> with the webmasters and see what is best for you.
>
> Please also write an entry or a change for the page
> http://www.gnu.org/people/people.html, and mail that to
> address@hidden also.  Note that we don't want to talk about
> proprietary software, so if you have worked on any, please don't
> mention it here.  Your entry can include a link to your home page
> provided it fits our usual criteria for what we link to.
>
> Please make sure that the program has an up-to-date entry in our Free
> Software Directory.  Contact address@hidden for more info about this.
>
> new-gnu people, could you please enter Michael Opdenacker in
> gnuorg/maintainers, add him to the gnu-prog lists, and send him a copy
> of maintain.text?

Michael Opdenacker
address@hidden, http://michaelo.free.fr
Computers are like air conditioners
They stop working properly when you open Windows