[gfsd][Fwd - Frm: address@hidden, Subj: Java Brookshear machine]

From: Free Software Foundation
Subject: [gfsd][Fwd - Frm: address@hidden, Subj: Java Brookshear machine]
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 18:49:19 -0400

A GPL'ed Java program.

----- Forwarded message from Jonathan Riddell <address@hidden> -----

To: address@hidden
From: Jonathan Riddell <address@hidden>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 01:39:02 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Java Brookshear machine

I'd like to donate my Java Brookshear machine to GNUs Java Software
collection.  If you'd have it, I would be honoured.  It is available under
the GPL.

A Brookshear machine is a simple computer simulation and is a great
educational tool (well I found it very useful).

There is a copy at http://www.jriddell.org/programs/brookshear.tar.gz

I was also wondering how compiling using Sun's JDK allowed for GPLed
software.  Does using javac or compiling against Sun's Java libraries mean
they can't be copied under GPL?  (The Brookshear program was compiled with
Kaffe.)

Thanks much, Jonathan Riddell

1 Allanvale Road   |   address@hidden
Bridge of Allan    |   http://www.jriddell.org
FK9 4NU Scotland   |   +44 1786833048

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Vice President
Free Software Foundation     |  Phone: +1-617-542-5942