Re: [gfsd]Fwd: Re: Offer of help

From: Mark R.Bannister
Subject: Re: [gfsd]Fwd: Re: Offer of help
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 09:04:02 -0700 (PDT)

Having had a more thorough look at the GNU Software Directory, I'm a little
confused.  Not all packages displayed under "All packages" appear under a
specific category for example.  Some of the categorisation seems a bit
vague, and the longer lists of packages aren't very easy to use because
they're not in alphabetical order.

I'd certainly like to help improve the interface for you here.  I'll
download everything tonight and have a play on my workstation at home.  Is
anyone else actively working to improve this interface, and is there already
a "wishlist" of features?

Best regards,
Mark.

------------------------
Mark R.Bannister
Musician, Actor, UNIX Systems Consultant and Programmer
Email: address@hidden
------------------------

<address@hidden>
>     saying that I can find instructions on how to help you at
>     http://www.gnu.org/directory/help.html .  If this is what you were
going to
>     say too, then I'll have a look at the URL and go from there.
>
>  Yes, it is. But let me add one thing- we need technical as well as
>  non-tech help, so trust me we'll find a way to use you one way or
>  another!
>
>  The best way to get into the project is just to write up a sample
>  entry and see if it's something you'd like to do more of.
>

>  Janet Casey
>  Free Software Foundation
>  http://www.gnu.org
>  address@hidden

 Get 100% private, FREE email for life from Excite UK
 Visit http://inbox.excite.co.uk/