Re: [gfsd]Volunteer: GNU Software Directory

From: Janet Casey
Subject: Re: [gfsd]Volunteer: GNU Software Directory
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 12:13:34 -0400

--text follows this line--

   I read about the software directory needing help.  I would like to
   help with it a couple of hours a week if needed.

Thank you for volunteering to help!

There's a number of ways in which you can help:

1. Write up entries. This is a particularly good way to help if you've
   only got a few hours aweek, since you can write up as many or as
   few packages as you have time for. See
   gttp://www.gnu.org/directory/help.html#adding-entries

2. Technical help for the current directory.

   A. Ongoing maintenance for the directory as it is now. This means
   fixing minor interface problems, making changes to our basic
   template and program files, the occasional CVS fix, and helping
   with any other questions I might have.

   B. We would like to have a Web interface for the Directory, so that
   developers can enter or update packages themselves. About two-thirds
   of the work has been done on an HTML front end, but nothing has
   been done for a back end--to take what is entered and integrate it
   into the directory.

General instructions are at
http://www.gnu.org/directory/help.html

If you have any other questions, please feel free to write to me, as
well as if you have any general questions or suggestions.

Janet Casey
Free Software Foundation
http://www.gnu.org
address@hidden