[gfsd]FSF Directory

From: Janet Casey
Subject: [gfsd]FSF Directory
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 14:02:25 -0400

That would be great! Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Go to http://www.gnu.org/directory/help.html; there you'll get the
basics on how to help us. Writing up packages
(http://www.gnu.org/directory/help.html#adding-entries) is a good way
to start and is particularly good if the amount of time you can give
to the project varies, since you can write as many or as few packages
as you have time for.

If there's a program you particularly like, you can write it up;
otherwise, look at Freshmeat.net, opensourcedirectory.org, gnome.org,
or any other collection of software you know of. Please remember that
we only take software that is licensed in a way that the FSF considers
acceptably free (see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html,
and that the emphasis is on complete and stable programs.You can send
the entry to <address@hidden> for now; if you want, we can get you
CVS access and you can commit entries directly.

If your interests are more technical, we need help with improving the
user interface, writing a Web interface to the Directory, and working
on the scripts that parse the text files. You should subscribe
address@hidden, and get CVS access to the program files by
getting set up on Savannah (http://savannah.gnu.org/), the GNU CVS
repository. Please tell me if you want to do this; I would need your
username to get you registered.

If you have any questions/suggestions/ideas at all, please write to
me! Any and all input is welcome, and thanks again for your help!

--

Janet Casey
Free Software Foundation