Re: [gfsd]CLISP on GNU directory.

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: [gfsd]CLISP on GNU directory.
Date: 17 Jul 2001 16:24:51 -0400

>    many links are plain wrong.
>
> Which ones were not working? I tested all the URLs I could find
> (source code, Debian, Web page, CVS repository, both doc links) and
> they were all working.

"working" does not mean "correct". :-)

1. The current release is 2.27 (2001-07-17).

2. "Source code" should refer to
   ftp://clisp.cons.org/pub/lisp/clisp/source/latest/

3. CLISP _is_ a GNU package, according to our agreement with RMS.

4. there should be _no_ web links to sourceforge.
   all links must be to clisp.cons.org.

(the last 3 points were in the diff I sent you.)
too bad I do not have write access to fix the file.
after all, this would have saved _your_ time too.
I wonder if this CVS repository could be made writable for all GNU
developers.

Finally, you should probably make me the maintainer of CLISP - Bruno
does not like getting CLISP mail from people who consider themselves too
important to use the official mailing lists :-)

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds)
Support Israel's right to defend herself! <http://www.i-charity.com/go/israel>