[gfsd]distro

From: menschenfeind
Subject: [gfsd]distro
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 17:34:22 -0800

Hello,
directory
would you be interested in distributing the new Cat Hope Cd? This cd has gone
through 2 pressings in Aus., this is the debut release of the disc from a U.S.
label.
Some info is below.
If you are wondering i found your email off the links at hertz-lion.com. this
is not a mass mailing, and your name has not been added to any lists.

thanks
DN

CAT HOPE - FETISH CD  full color artwork, in red jewelcase.

"CAT HOPE as a solo bass show using an incredible line up of pedals and a lap
top to construct enormous walls of sound. She is in the precess of making her
first solo recording this way, and in March 2000 Cat did a short tour of the US
and London as part of the Extreme Music From Women tour, promoting the realease
of a CD of the same name on UK label Susan Lawly"

 $10 postage paid u.s.
 $14 postage paid world

wholesale $5 min. order of 3

Menschenfeind Productions
po 30051
columbia mo
65205
usa
make payment out to Dustin N.
paypal is also accepted. address@hidden

Reviews
"Cat Hope has developed a unique set of chops, a powerful stage presence, great
control of feedback, she also knows where number 11 is on the volume control of
her amp, making her probably the noisiest woman that I've ever heard on a stage
anywhere ."
Jon Rose, Australia Ad Lib, 2001.
"... Cat was great - the whip on the guitar and the gloves and the dress and
flowing hair - I can see why heralbum is called fetish. I liked how there were
quiet moments then superfast strumming of the guitar - her hands were a blur.
for me it was like watching a talented turntablist cut up the decks, hands
whirring, sounds not quite matching the speed of the hand movements because
they are blended together. and I've never seen anyone control the feedback like
her before! boldly going where no other artists like to venture.. in front of
the speaker with a mic.."
Kath - Radio Pulse
Thanks to Cat Hope for mesmerising us with her scary beauty (and her pulsing
bass!)
Lloyd "Diaspora"
"...queen of bass, Cat Hope ..."
Time Off magazine
CLEVELAND TIMES, USA
by Robert Beveridge
Last, and worth the wait, was Cat Hope, from Australia. Another who helped make
her stage presence known with a dress that was cut to the point of obscenity
(my god, that woman's got some seriously muscular thighs), but in Hope's case,
it couldn't take your mind off the noise. Being slowly dismembered wouldn't
have taken your mind off the noise. Using a bass (seemed detuned to me, but I
could be wrong), a number of effects pedals, a small sampler, and a laptop,
Hope ended the night on a quiet note?? at least, quiet as far as Speak in
Tongues shows go?? but that didn't stop the crowd from registering, and gaping
at, the unbridled ferocity of one woman and her bass guitar. Subsonic rumbles,
feedback, minimal beats (supplied by the laptop) all combined to form a kind of
soup that merged beauty and ugliness in a quite original way. I like what Cat
Hope does, I like it a bunch, and hopefully we'll be hearing more from her as
time goes on.
Rochester NY USA- RADIO STATIC -Keith
Cat Hope, the last performer, was like nothing I've ever heard/seen. Walls of
feedback and raw noise generated by a bass and some effects boxes. This had to
be the most "extreme" act of the night, in terms of sheer abrasiveness and
sensory overload.

http://mp3.com/eugenicscouncil