[gfsd]Bad search engine?

From: Marc S. Jensen
Subject: [gfsd]Bad search engine?
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:23:06 -0600

Hi!  Here's a little thing that has "bugged" me about the gnu.org free
software directory for a while.  If I go to the Free Software Directory
and do a Search on, say, "gcc" or "glibc" or some other fairly
significant gnu package, the search doesn't actually produce a link to,
say, gnu.org/directory/gcc.html or .../glibc.html.  Instead, people have
to go into the "all packages" listing and scroll until reaching the
right package name.  Not a big deal, I suppose, but also not a very
effective advertisement for the power of free software...  :-)

Cheers,

Marc Jensen
Austin, TX