Re: [gfsd]Re: Finding CLISP

From: Janet Casey
Subject: Re: [gfsd]Re: Finding CLISP
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 11:35:30 -0400

   > The GNU package CLISP seems to be half-in the directory.  There is an ent=
   ry
   > for it in /gnulist/cordelia/clisp.txt, and a page has been rendered for it
   > at /directory/clisp.html.  However, it does not seem to be findable from
   > the interface.  Searching for "clisp" returns nothing, and I cannot find =
   it
   > by browsing categories.
   >=20
   > Would you be able to fix these problems?  If you do not have time, I would
   > be happy to assist in dealing with them in any way I can, but I do not
   > understand what, precisely, needs to be done -- I'm not familiar with the
   > internals of the directory -- so I would need directions on how to do so.

   The files responsible for generating the categories, HTML and the like
   are a part of the `gnulist' project.  Those are kind of in a state of
   mess; I tried to figure out how the categories are generated, but was
   unable to do so.  A query from me to Janet Casey (which she'd further
   escalated to bkuhn) regarding this, still awaits any response.

I'll be happy to check in with Brad again on this. I also know that
Paul has been spending time on the Directory issues. However, as I
mentioned before, as I am not a technical person I cannot fix the
problems myself.

Janet Casey
Free Software Foundation
http://www.gnu.org