Re: [gfsd]Re: Finding CLISP

From: Mohit Agarwal
Subject: Re: [gfsd]Re: Finding CLISP
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 15:08:30 -0400

> cat.c is supposed to generate the category pages.
>
> The part of gnulist that can generate the individual pages is
> ifdef'd out and its job is done by gfsdgen.pl .

I could figure this out without much problems.  Main thing was that I
couldn't figure out much about the file `categories' except that it
contains some primary and secondary categorizations.  Take the example
of the `lisp' category (the file lisp.html), how is it generated??  I
didn't see the mention of the keyword `lisp' (just lisp) anywhere in
the categories file.  Similarly, how do you get to know which are the
primary categories for the HTML files are generated automatically
based on some keyword criteria.

> I'm trying to get rid of the C program entirely and generate the
> category pages also using a perl script.  I've written it
> partly, I'll put it in the CVS and try to complete it soon.

I'd suggested this to Janet earlier but that does require an
understanding on my part of what needs to be done and what the code
actually does [more specifically, answers to the questions I've listed
above].