Re: [gfsd]Re: CLISP on GNU directory and GNU web pages

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: Re: [gfsd]Re: CLISP on GNU directory and GNU web pages
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 19:20:49 -0400

Sam Steingold <address@hidden> wrote:

> This is a regular reminder/recap of the problems, some of which are
> almost a year old.

Most of them are issues about programming the directory software, and
unfortunately we had no programming talent dedicated to the project for
nearly all of 2001.  In late November 2001, we got approval to hire a full
time technical staff person at the FSF.

After clearing a number of backlogged issues that were very urgent late
last year, and getting the office systems into a state where people at
FSF could at least work day-to-day without severe system problems, he has
recently gotten some cycles to work on the directory software.

The categories were problematically configured in a number of different
ways.  We have resolved that problem.  Janet has some updates to do in
the directory, but when we roll out the new interface this week, with her
data changes, this should be solved.

Someone is working on a search utility tonight.  We expect to have
something workable with the roll-out this week.

Janet works full-time on the Free Software Directory, and answers
<address@hidden>.  AFAIK, she is responsive to corrections.
Granted, she couldn't fix (1) and (2), because they were primarily
problems with the interface-generating program.  That will be repaired
this week.  Besides (1) and (2), what things did you want updated that
Janet didn't already do for you?

> > > pages are still invalid.

The new pages with the new interface will be valid HTML.

--
Bradley M. Kuhn, Executive Director
Free Software Foundation     |  Phone: +1-617-542-5942