[gfsd]free software directory listings

From: proclus
Subject: [gfsd]free software directory listings
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 18:12:41 -0400 (EDT)

RMS asked me to write an entry for sslproxy.

SSLproxy is a flexible SSL wrapper like stunnel, but with command
line syntax similar to ssh.

ftp://ftp.obdev.at/pub/Products/sslproxy/
http://www.obdev.at/products/ssl-proxy/

I noticed that many of the entries are short.  If appropriate, add the
following.

SSLproxy can be run in server or client mode.

BTW, I am quite familiar with the ports listings for all of the *BSD
systems, which is how I discovered sslproxy.  In most cases, it is easy
to distinguish which of the ports offerings are free software, and it
would also be easy to batch generate FSD listings from the package
comment files for cases where the software is not already listed.  I
could also handle notification of the individual ports maintainers as
needed.  Let me know, if you would like me to maintain FSD entries based
on the OpenBSD & FreeBSD ports and NetBSD pkgsrc.

BTW, I also sent this to a couple of other addresses.  Sorry for the
spam.

Regards,
proclus
http://www.gnu-darwin.org/