[gfsd] Open

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: [gfsd] Open
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:49:56 -0400 (EDT)

Janet must have read the "Java Trap"[1] by Richard Stallman which talks
about the directory:

  "To keep your Java code safe from the Java Trap, install a free Java
   development environment and use it. More generally, whatever language
   you use, keep your eyes open, and check the free status of programs
   your code depends on. The easiest way to verify that program is free is
   by looking for it in the Free Software Directory
   (http://www.fsf.org/directory). If a program is not in the directory,
   you can check its license(s) against the list of free software licenses
   (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html)."

1. http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/java-trap.html