[gfsd] exhilaration construction

From: Edwin Barrett
Subject: [gfsd] exhilaration construction
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 22:09:34 +0800

My son, I know, would be only toohappy to help you in any way he could. Adding, though, in spite of herself: Butthen he has always been so peculiar.
Perhaps, though, she had a dim foreboding of what awaited her.
Then, every one in the township knew, of course, where she was boundfor.
An up-country vacancy was on thepoint of occurring. Or how much had been paid offon the mortgage?
The doctors bin and lighted a fire on the surgery table.
Once Cuffy had said: Oh, CANT Bridget go instead of me?
How angry Richard would be, too,if she reappeared!
And she patted his hand: But sonice and private, dear.
The day she told them theyd got to go away and live where there wasntany sea, hed been naughty.
And first hed tried to take em without herseeing him . Beat her brains as she would, Mary would find noway out. All this, too, with one anxious ear turned towards home, where thingsgrew worse instead of better.
She couldneither get at him nor get a word out of him. Ignoring her blunt question: But if it isnt true apoplexy, then whatis it? None the less, when the time for parting came he wept bitterly,clinging like a child to her skirts.
The doctors bin and lighted a fire on the surgery table. For Mary had at last reached what seemed the limits of human endurance. Of course you couldnt carry Dobbin or the shop; but, my! And by now he was too deeply sunk inhimself to put awkward questions.
Hed cried and stamped and pushed peoplewhen they tried to comfort him.
She put out her arms, put them round him, to hold, toprotect.
Once Cuffy had said: Oh, CANT Bridget go instead of me? Not much more than an hour now,till it was due to sound. All of whom, too, coulddo in a twinkling the things that came so hard to her. Suppose I induced him to leave home for a time? Is that because its going to be a post office? And tillthen, Richard, think how comfortable youre going to be here. So she went on, as usual making Cuffy the scapegoat for her nervousperplexity. The questions lumbered along, she sittingthe while fiercely knotting her fingers. None the less, when the time for parting came he wept bitterly,clinging like a child to her skirts. But on this night no lovingarms reached out to her, to soothe and console.