[gfsd] cylindrical developing

From: Jeffrey Carlton
Subject: [gfsd] cylindrical developing
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 23:59:55 -0500

We arrived at the quay in Tunis at about five oclock in theafternoon.
Is it true that most Arabs are pro-German?
I used to go to seehim in the evening, when business was over and the bazaars had quieteddown.
My namewas mentioned as having been transferred from one room to the other. Finally, towards six oclock, we were free to depart.
And then I dont like theidea of the Trinity. The orderly who brought me gaveinstructions and left. The view of the sea is beautiful, but the sea is beautifuleverywhere.
Youd betterknow each other, and, Kohn, you can give this young man some advice. Bocha is the indigenous Arab corn brandy, and is forbidden to bedrunk by the Arabs.
The corporal was not talkative, and he made no attempt atbeing sociable. But there you are, you never knowwhere it will crop out.
Although I was not yet in uniform I had to go down too. At this season of the year in normal times Palermo is gay. Barbe du Tlélat I arrived atSidi-bel-Abbès. We hada little chat, and he asked me why I had come to the Legion.
He kept on smoking his cigarettes one after another. But I have lived in Germany and know what I am talking about. Nothing happened, and next morning Palermo, with itswonderful Monte Pelle-grino, hove into sight. After two days I was told to return the next day, as thepapers were not yet ready.
Further, that as an American, if Ibecame an invalid for life, France would not pension me.
The corporal was not talkative, and he made no attempt atbeing sociable. He is too good looking, said his brother contemptuously, he oughtto have been a Mullah. Our religion compels us to be personally clean, which ismore than yours does.
The Major was a fairly pleasant man with a nice twinkle in hiseye and good manners. He took my name and address and askedme if I had papers; I said I had, and showed them.