[gfsd] Re: iozone license free or non-free

From: Iozone
Subject: [gfsd] Re: iozone license free or non-free
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:12:42 -0500

Richard,

       It may not meet the GPL open source level, but  ALL of
   Iozone is provided at a cost of $0 (zero)  All source code
   is provided for  $0 (zero) and redistribution is at a cost
   of $0 (zero), and I have never even charged anyone for support.
   So... it is "Free"  but not does not meet the open source requirements.

    Is there a category for completely without any costs, but not
   compliant with the open source requirement ?

   Ok... de-list off of fsf.org .. That's cool. It's your repository so...
   Sorry to lose the listing but perhaps after we hear back from
   Norcott we can re-evaluate.

Enjoy,
Don Capps

P.S.  Google for "filesystem benchmark"  It's pretty easy to
       find Iozone :-)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Stallman" <address@hidden>