[gfsd] lewd fallacious

From: Amabel Phipps
Subject: [gfsd] lewd fallacious
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:26:42 -0500

But I shall not be lawful owner of my own land anyhow. La Hire, delighted, slaps his steel thigh-piecewith his gauntlet.
I do not care for the thingswomen care for. West wind on thesilver Loire: what rhymes to Loire? Easy, man, easy: we shall burn the witch and beat thebastard all in good time.
Doambitious politicians love the climbers who take the front seatsfrom them? But nowadays, instead of looking atbooks, people read them. Joan, radiant, falls on her knees in thanksgiving to God.
Theybeat us because we thought battles were tournaments and ransommarkets. No: I suppose not; but let us be content with what wehave done. The old Greek tragedy is rising among us. No: I shall last only a year from the beginning.
In our country it means simply one who is not wholly devoted to ourEnglish interests.
I shall dare, dare, and dare again, in Gods name! I will give you something to yelp for next time.
If the goddams andthe Burgundians do not make an end of me, the French will. Do you expect stupid people tolove you for shewing them up? Well, why not, now that I am crowned and anointed? I, God forgive me, am a little in love with war myself,the ugly devil!
I thought I should havedropped when they loaded that crown on to me.
But I shall not be lawful owner of my own land anyhow.
That wouldaccustom you to heavy dressing. What is tobecome of me and you if that way of thinking comes into fashion?
Soldiersalways nurse children when they get a chance. Men go to theEast to convert the infidels.
Just so; and God grant that her soul may be saved!