[gfsd] racetrack NC-17

From: Beatrix Foster
Subject: [gfsd] racetrack NC-17
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:13:08 +0800

CASEY: Well, first of all, this is an Iraqi process and it is governed by the Iraqi High Tribunal statute. We very much urge that democratic elections be held as soon as possible, which is a commitment military officials have made.
This deal is not at all with the Taliban, as I said, this is against the Taliban, actually.
The propagandists are attempting to create conditions where terror is justified. She's speaking with other leaders around the region.
But again, our view of it is that this was done in accordance with the law and we do want to see this process move forward. And that's what we've continually discussed. And this is very important, which I explained to the President.
I believe there are some other ones potentially out there. What is important is that the coup leaders live up to their public commitment to restore democracy rapidly. What is your reaction to the government's decision to replace the judge? Could you ensure us that this discrimination will come to an end after this great meeting with President Musharraf?
I think really the best place to have the specifics of this decision explained are with Prime Minister Maliki's government and his officials. There are issues that you can look at within that Religious Freedom Report that talk about issues related to the Ecumenical Patriarch, but I don't have anything new to add on that for you. And as I said, we reinforced our trust and confidence in each other.
The first I heard of this was when I read it in the newspaper today. You can't ask people to negotiate with people who say you shouldn't exist. They are proud Americans and they're equal to me as a citizen. Wouldn't you prefer that they just left the trial to unfold as it would? But again it is something we're going to have to look at. He says that the United States was threatening to bomb his country back into the stone age.
Do you regard it as a transparent and open process? What is the status of the Prime Minister of Thailand who is in New York on American soil?
And as I said, we reinforced our trust and confidence in each other.
I can't think of anything more false.