[gfsd] shave

From: Joseph Mahoney
Subject: [gfsd] shave
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 00:48:55 +0300

But I think his short stories are usually better than his novels.
There are two reasons for this.
You may also like to try out the Chaosium anthology; I think it was called Made in Goatswood, or something similar, from memory.
They have lots of titles that are out of print and often at a cheap price. I'm waiting on The House on the Borderlands by Hodgson, but after perusing The Night Land, I doubt focusing on his work will be essential to what I intend to write.
Unlike the cases of Zealia Bishop and Hazel Heald, he actually had manuscripts to revise for the Eddy stories.
if it is i am trying to find a link to it.
also, again excuse my ignorance, but has anyone read anything from Ambrose Beirce? It is strange that Lovecraft never attempted something similar, however, seeing as how easily Derleth was able to make HPL's trademark style a marketable commodity.
Both co-feature the names of Lovecraft and Derleth.
Crosses out of the crust and disappears down into the molten magma of the mantle.
Though I have not read Vance yet, I very much agree with you; Smith's command of the vocabulary unique to weird fiction is overwhelming. Joshi, when he was working on his Bierce bibliography.
Published by Arkham House. He stayed in the famous Auburn Hotel, now, regrettably, a collection of yuppie boutiques, alas. if it is i am trying to find a link to it. In Lovecraft's own writing, it appears that people are just helpless pawns. The Solar Pons paperbacks from Pinnacle Books are fairly easy to find and not expensive at a few bucks each. Shrewsbury is busy dynamiting the gates to slow Cthulhu's return.
BTW, Derleth created Ithaqua, and to some extent in his early writing Lumley was a protege of Derleth's. Shrewsbury attacks Cthulhu by finding and dynamiting his gates to Earth. You may also like to try out the Chaosium anthology; I think it was called Made in Goatswood, or something similar, from memory. There's a Collected Fiction coming out this fall, but that edition will be quite expensive.
It is in the British collection COLD PRINT, if that is still in print.
Published by Arkham House.
It's a short story by Ramsey Campbell. if it is i am trying to find a link to it.
It is strange that Lovecraft never attempted something similar, however, seeing as how easily Derleth was able to make HPL's trademark style a marketable commodity. I'm waiting on The House on the Borderlands by Hodgson, but after perusing The Night Land, I doubt focusing on his work will be essential to what I intend to write. Perhaps LatT is out of print, but I believe I just brought it up on Amazon quite recently.
Unlike the cases of Zealia Bishop and Hazel Heald, he actually had manuscripts to revise for the Eddy stories.
His goal is to prevent or delay Cthulhu's return. Maybe it is my own tendency to see the darker side of life in general, but I will always favor Clark Ashton Smith's Zothique over any other delvings into the far future of a dying sun. I just got my interlibrary loan of the The Complete Dying Earth this afternoon.
The Compleat Dying Earth is an excellent collection and Vance is a great storyteller, I don't want to dismiss his work, I just prefer Clark Ashton Smith myself.
You may also like to try out the Chaosium anthology; I think it was called Made in Goatswood, or something similar, from memory.
also, again excuse my ignorance, but has anyone read anything from Ambrose Beirce?
I'm waiting on The House on the Borderlands by Hodgson, but after perusing The Night Land, I doubt focusing on his work will be essential to what I intend to write. In the novel Spawn of the Winds, they almost kill Ithaqua, and are almost unbelievably effective in fighting these godlike aliens.