ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] Keysigning?

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] Keysigning?
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 19:42:09 +0200

Hello.

On 2013-07-16 at 18:18, John Darrington wrote:

> It would be good to exchange PGP key signatures with other delegates.

Yes.  This is nothing particularly exciting, but once in a while we
should do it.  I was even considering changing my GPG key, after a long
time.

> I don't know how many people are expected to attend, but if there
> are many, then it might be necessary to schedule a dreaded "ceremony".

Yes, if we do this we should setup a well-thought-out procedure, so that
everybody knows exactly what to do with each of the others, and what to
check.  I'm *not* a cryptography expert, and I'm sure many other aren't
either.  Does anybody know how to do such a thing?  I remember that the
system worked well at the Bristol GHM, where we were assigned indices
and given printed papers explaining every step.  I might still have the
paper from back then...  Found it.  But I only have the instructions I
got, not a script to generate the papers (every one got a different
one).

There is an introduction here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Key_signing_party

, and a howto here:
http://www.cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/keysigning_party/en/keysigning_party.html

Does anybody volunteer to organize this?

--
Luca Saiu
Home page:   http://ageinghacker.net