ghm-discuss

[Ghm-discuss] Donations, booth [Was: Re: T-shirt order]

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: [Ghm-discuss] Donations, booth [Was: Re: T-shirt order]
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 18:26:58 +0200

On 2013-07-26 at 18:07, John Darrington wrote:

> I won't be buying a T-Shirt, but I'll gladly donate 10 EUR to the GHM
> expenses fund.

Thank you.

By the way, we may want to define more explicit donation modalities.

Of course if the people who physically come to the event want to donate
they can do it with cash; that should be the recommended way for reasons
of anonymity, and also because it avoids fees.  Otherwise we can direct
people to donate to the FSF.

The flattr account opened in 2011 is still there, but I didn't show it
on the 2013 page because somebody had raised privacy concerns in the
past.  I'd propose showing it again, but with a disclaimer saying that
cash is a better way to contribute, when practical.

I was chatting with José a few weeks ago about having a booth at the
event.  He has promotional material such as stickers that we can give
away, but selling more substantial items in practice requires having
somebody always there, which might be onerous.  If we find a volunteer
we could also have a physical tip jar.  Of course we don't want to be
pushy with GNU hackers, who are already contributing their work: this is
mostly for the public.

Would anybody like to volunteer for that task?  It would have to be a
trusted person, also able to answer basic questions about GNU and free
software.

--
Luca Saiu
Home page:   http://ageinghacker.net