ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] Keysigning Party - Missing Keys

From: Darshit Shah
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] Keysigning Party - Missing Keys
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 09:44:35 +0000

On 9 September 2017 9:47:59 AM GMT+02:00, John Darrington <address@hidden>
wrote:
>On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 03:44:01PM +0200, Darshit Shah wrote:
>
>     I'd like to ask everyone else that participated if
> there was any trouble with signing my keys or sending them back to me?
>
>Actually there is:  pius gives me the error message:
>
>There was a problem talking to the mail server (localhost): (530,
>'5.7.0 Authentication required', 'address@hidden')
>
>whenever it tries to send a key.
>
>I remember from my last experience with pius that it was a PITA but I
>can't
>remember how I solved it.  Does anyone else have a suggestion or an
>easier way
>of sending keys?
>
>J'

Instead of Pius, I use Caff[1] from the Debian signing-party[2] package. It's a
Perl script that uses Sendmail in the background to send the keys out.

I've had a very good experience with this package and would recommend it to
anyone looking for a convenient way to handle keysigning parties

[1]: https://wiki.debian.org/caff
[2]: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/signing-party