gksu-devel

Re: sudo support

From: Gustavo Noronha Silva
Subject: Re: sudo support
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:33:08 -0200

Em Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:29:27 -0400, "Paul Smith" <address@hidden> escreveu:

> Hi all;

Hello Paul,

> I desperately need a graphical interface to run sudo (not su!)  I see
> that gksu used to provide this but that it was removed in 0.9.7; the
> changelog says merely that it didn't work as well as it should.

It doesn't work with a secure way of X authorization magic. That
causes a security problem, you may want to check gksu's bug
history.

> Can anyone provide any hints as what was wrong with the stuff that was
> removed, whether anyone is considering putting it back in, and/or if
> there are any other projects that you know of that might be working on
> something like this?

I would really like to put it back, but we need to find out how
to provide the X authorization magic. We could work on that.

[]s!

--
address@hidden: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian:  <http://www.debian.org>  *  <http://www.debian-br.org>