gksu-devel

Re: Improving gksu: lib, server, basic client

From: Allan Douglas
Subject: Re: Improving gksu: lib, server, basic client
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:48:49 -0200

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:29:42 -0200
Gustavo Noronha Silva <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes, the XAUTH_token you ask about below is just 'getable' by
> the user who started the X server. We could do some ident
> check, also, to know that the user requesting the password
> is the same that have set it (looking at the efective uid,
> for example).

Imagine: You are gone, buying Passatempo. But you leaved the computer on, X
running, and gksud open. Your little hacker sister then sits down on computer,
make a fake client, and run it with _your user_. Great! She now knows that your
password is "ihatemysister", a good excuse for deleting your home dir...

Just a hypothetic situation =)

[]'s