gksu-devel

Re: New ideas for the API

From: Sven Herzberg, GNOME Deutschland
Subject: Re: New ideas for the API
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 16:00:54 +0100

Am Sa, den 31.01.2004 schrieb Gustavo Noronha Silva um 10:34:
> The first one, http://bugs.debian.org/230315, seems to me like a
> good idea and somewhat obvious functionality for those
> functions in particular, then it's probably going to be done
> in CVS as soon as I arrive in Belo Horizonte and turn on my
> laptop (I'm leaving on this trip in 1 hour).

I'd definitely vote against this as application developers can easily
write.

---
gchar* command;
command = g_strdup_printf ("command %s %d", param1, param2);
gksu_call_some_method (command);

g_free (command);
---

Introducing printf features in gksu looks to me like being either:
 * code duplication (we have the code in glib), or
 * new security risks (if we wrote that code from scratch)

Regards,
  Sven
--
Sven Herzberg <address@hidden> · Jabber: address@hidden