gksu-devel

Gnome keyring support

From: Szilard Novaki
Subject: Gnome keyring support
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:08:34 +0100

Hi,

It would be nice to add gnome-keyring support to gksu. Then, it would not be necessary to enter passwords all the time, when I run a program with an other user. Moreover, it provides a user and admin friendly alternative to sudo, as it does not require editing the sudoers file (however, if the other user's password changes, gksu user must be notified, which is not the case with sudo).

Gnome-keyring support would make libgksuui unnecessary, as it has its own password dialog.

If you like the idea, I'd try to implement it.

--
Szilard