gksu-devel

Re: gksu redirects stdout to stderr?

From: Gustavo Noronha Silva
Subject: Re: gksu redirects stdout to stderr?
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 13:20:37 -0300

Em Dom, 2005-06-05 às 14:54 +0200, Oliver Gerlich escreveu:
> not sure if this list is still active, but I've noticed that gksu
> redirects the stdout of the specified command to stderr. This is not
> compatible to su behaviour I think. With kdesu, the flag -t enables
> correct output, but I couldn't find a similar option for gksu.

Your subject is correct, gksu prints everything on stderr. The problem
is that by using forkpty() it ends up having a terminal to read from. I
still could not find a way of separating stdout and stderr. Maybe I'll
take a look at kdesu's code again sometime.

Thanks!

--
address@hidden: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian:  <http://www.debian.org>  *  <http://www.debian-br.org>