gksu-devel

Re: Bugreport multiple pam authlines

From: Gustavo Noronha Silva
Subject: Re: Bugreport multiple pam authlines
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:38:07 -0200

On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 22:36 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> When gksu/gksudo is promting it dosen't present the right promt and it
> only present one promt if I fail to enter a valid OTP then the prompt
> disapears and the program is not unlocked(this last part is ofcourse
> correct =)).
>
> There is also other auth methods like fingerprint readers that is also
> effected in the same way.

The current stable version of gksu works by talking to su and sudo,
using their output to figure out if a password is being requested. It
doesn't really support any PAM configuration other than requesting 1
password.

You may be interested in gksu PolicyKit, which goes around this
limitation by delegating the authentication to the PolicyKit framework:
http://live.gnome.org/gksu.

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <address@hidden>