Re: [Gluster-devel] Minimum requirements

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Minimum requirements
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:30:56 -0700

,----[ Susumu Urata (Technocross) wrote: ]
| I would like to understand the minumum hardware/OS requirements to
| install Gluster EP and HPC.
|
| I thought it can be installed on any servers with CentOS 4 but it
| seems not doing right.
|
| I have 2 Dell SC430 each with 2GB memory and 1 GE port.  I would
| like to load Gluster EP and HPC to test the operation.  Is this
| doable?
|
| Susumu Urata
| Technical Consultant
|
| 408-873-2760 (Voice)
| 408-873-2761 (Fax)
`----

Susumu, with 2 systems you should be able to try out GlusterEP or HPC.
The configuration you are having is fine.

Minimum hardware requiements are 1GB RAM (512MB may work too). x86 or
x86-64 compatible processor. PXE capable NIC (if not you will have to
use CDs on client side too).

First install your GNU/Linux distro on the head node and boot Gluster
CD on it. Everything else, Gluster will take care.

--
Anand Babu
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31