Re: [Gluster-devel] Architecture & Testing Help

From: Hitesh Chellani
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Architecture & Testing Help
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 11:33:24 -0700

Hi Mehul,
I met with you at TiE along with Pankaj Mhatre. Welcome to Gluster, are you still with the Google File System team?
BTW, Gluster is a project by Z Research's engineering team.

One of the guys from the software team will respond to you but what do you mean by -
what exactly is
the architecture of Gluster
Do you want to know how Gluster is structured or what architectures Glsuter works with?
and after i had setup i want to test HPC how
will it do the testing.
What testing is it that you want to do? Do yo want to test is the hardware you've just installed Gluster on actually functions as a cluster? Do you have any distributed HPC code that you can run on the cluster?

Hitesh

Hitesh Chellani
Tel: 510-354-6801
Cell: 510-754-3258
www.zresearch.com
Z RESEARCH - Commoditizing Supercomputing!

Mehul Shah wrote:
Hi All,

I am new to gluster environment. I had setup GlusterHPC on my master node and also image & extensions are transfering to client node from master node.
Everything went alright with the help of list Thanks for that to Gluster
Team. Now Can anybody send me some architecture help, means what exactly is
the architecture of Gluster and after i had setup i want to test HPC how
will it do the testing.

Thanking You,

Regards

Mehul