[Gluster-devel] [bug #17950] Redhat WorkStation-Patch Updation, Procedur

From: harshavardhana
Subject: [Gluster-devel] [bug #17950] Redhat WorkStation-Patch Updation, Procedure
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 05:48:18 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: avati
             Open/Closed: Open
        Operating System: GNU/Linux

Details:

Recently after seeing the OpenCountry's Enterprise Provisioning product
(Purely JAVA based). They have a one good feature of patch update management
of the supercomputing clusters. @GE here is a situation of not having an
automated procedure to do that, so most of the time it is a manual work for
all or some known people use cexec of c3's package for that. But it is really
tedious going manually into 750 machines and doing the patching. Other than
that giving a nice frontend for the patch-list after querying the list from
the rhn.redhat.com , system administrators will be provided with an nice
frontend to select whatever they feel is critical and update them likewise on
the necessary machines. We only have a stale installation till now but we
might need this in some time.
I need some more info on this or some follow-ups.

one more do we have "Policy Based Provisioning" ??

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?17950>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/