[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 1.2-BENKI (GNU Cluster File System) - Announce

From: Anand Babu Periasamy
Subject: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 1.2-BENKI (GNU Cluster File System) - Announcement
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 02:38:41 -0800 (PST)

GlusterFS 1.2-BENKI Public Announcement:

GlusterFS (GNU Cluster File System) is designed to scale to peta-bytes of
data and handle massive aggregated I/O bandwidth. GlusterFS is part of the
Gluster Project (GNU Clustering Platform) and has been released under GNU
GPL v2 (or later) license.

The current release of GlusterFS is running stable and performs
exceedingly well against NFS  please refer to benchmarks at
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_Benchmarks for
benchmark comparison.

The next release (1.3-BENKI) will have further enhancements such as
"ib-verbs", Infiniband RDMA transport, asynchronous I/O and epoll
leading to much lower latency and more POSIX correctness.

GlusterFS runs commodity storage hardware with GigE or Infiniband
interconnect. It is easy to setup GlusterFS. To get quickly started with
GlusterFS, simply follow the instructions at
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/Getting_Started_with_GlusterFS

GlusterFS download link:
  http://www.gluster.org/glusterfs.php

Documentation link:
 http://gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS

Please CC your discussions to gluster-devel (at) nongnu.org.

Happy Hacking,
--
Gluster Core Team.

--