Re: [Gluster-devel] Minimal Design Doc for Name Space Cache

From: Franco Broi
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Minimal Design Doc for Name Space Cache
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:36:41 +0900

What would be really nice is if this could somehow be implemented in a
distributed fashion where each server has a copy of the metadata. I know
this is quite challenging as each copy needs to be kept up to date but
it would allow Glusterfs to retain its no single point of failure.

We currently have about 150TB of data in a single name space FUSE system
and the metadata consumes just over 1GB of disk space, this represents
about 3 million files. So having a copy on each server wouldn't be a
huge overhead.