Re: [Gluster-devel] Minimal Design Doc for Name Space Cache

From: Anand Babu Periasamy
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] Minimal Design Doc for Name Space Cache
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 07:54:47 -0800

,----[ Franco Broi writes: ]
| What would be really nice is if this could somehow be implemented in
| a distributed fashion where each server has a copy of the
| metadata. I know this is quite challenging as each copy needs to be
| kept up to date but it would allow Glusterfs to retain its no single
| point of failure.
| | We currently have about 150TB of data in a single name space FUSE
| system and the metadata consumes just over 1GB of disk space, this
| represents about 3 million files. So having a copy on each server
| wouldn't be a huge overhead.
`----
Franco,
Now we are going to do distributedly. Thanks for your valuable
feedback. Can you tell us the output of $ find / | wc

Other than dir/file names, do you also store any other information in
your system?

--
Anand Babu GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31 Blog [http://ab.freeshell.org] The GNU Operating System [http://www.gnu.org]