[Gluster-devel] how to setup write-behind read-ahead io-threads

From: jeffrey macdonald
Subject: [Gluster-devel] how to setup write-behind read-ahead io-threads
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:32:12 -0800 (PST)

I dont understand how the io-threads, write-behind and read-ahead
should be defined.    Can you show me how to change
my config files.        This is only 2 nodes but once
i understand how to set it up properly im going to scale it up.

########## /etc/glusterfs-server.vol my server config file..
volume brick
  type storage/posix                   # POSIX FS translator
  option directory /export/home/glusterfs        # Export this directory
  option debug on
end-volume

# volume iot
#   type performance/io-threads
#   option thread-count 8
#   subvolumes writebehind
# end-volume

### Add network serving capability to above brick.
volume server
  type protocol/server
  option transport-type tcp/server     # For TCP/IP transport
  option listen-port 6996              # Default is 6996
  subvolumes brick
  option auth.ip.brick.allow 192.168.* # Allow access to "brick" volume
end-volume

######## /etc/glusterfs-client.vol  my client config file.
volume client0
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp/client
 option remote-host 192.168.1.106
 option remote-port 6996
 option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume client1
 type protocol/client
 option transport-type tcp/client
 option remote-host 192.168.1.103
 option remote-port 6996
 option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume bricks
  type cluster/unify
  subvolumes client0 client1
  option debug on
  option scheduler rr
end-volume

#volume writebehind
#   type performance/write-behind
#   option aggregate-size 131072 # aggregate block size in bytes
#   subvolumes  bricks
# end-volume

thanks in advance.
jeffmac.