Re: [Gluster-devel] AFR

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] AFR
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 20:32:14 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007, Anand Babu Periasamy wrote:

,----[ Brent A Nelson writes: ]
| I see that the AFR automatic replication module is now listed as
| complete and scheduled for the February 20th 1.4 release.  While we
| are eagerly awaiting it, is there any documentation somewhere about
| how it operates?
| | It sounds like this will provide an easily installed and configured,
| truly redundant (no single points of failure) high-performance
| distributed filesystem, without having to resort to extra layers
| (such as drbd).  In otherwords, filesystem nirvana. ;-)
`----
Yes AFR is complete, but we want to add "selective AFR support"
before the release. (for example *.db 4 copies, *.html 2 copies and
so on). Documentation for AFR will be available before release.

We have delayed the release to 28th. But included striping translator
support additionally.

It's amazing how quickly you guys work; I don't think striping was even on the roadmap!

I'm looking forward to Wednesday's release; I hope to have two test servers ready to go as soon as 1.3 is ready for download.

Thanks,

Brent