[Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 1.3-pre2 Released!

From: Anand Babu
Subject: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 1.3-pre2 Released!
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 01:19:02 -0800

GlusterFS 1.3-pre2 (VERGACION) Release Announcement:

All the promised functionalities for 1.3, plus a little more are
included in this release. Particularly selective
automatic-file-replication, ib-verbs transport, striping, io-threads,
file / record-level locking and epoll are key features. We have
reached a significant stage in GlusterFS development.

We do not want to call it 1.3-STABLE yet. We need a lot of your help
in testing this release rigorously with a variety of hardware and
software configurations.
Roadmap to 1.3 STABLE
* 1.3-pre3 - Enhance stripe translator to set block sizes for individual matching
   patterns. (one day work)
 - Performance profiling: use gcov/gprof to profile the code for
   further optimization.
 - More testing for io-threads on client and server side.
 - Background connection retries and timeouts.
 - Minimum disk space check for all schedulers.
 - BUG fixes reported in 1.3-pre2
* 1.3-pre4
 - MORE TESTING and BUG FIXES
* 1.3 STABLE

Stable release was supposed to happen today. But key features like
stripe, AFR were moved into this release from our future plans. We
also want to take more time and make a production ready 1.3 release. I am anticipating another 2 weeks of testing.

While 1.3-preX is under testing, we are beginning our 1.4 development.
Please write to us, if you think any of the features from 1.5 to 1.7
road-map are of critical requirement and to be moved to 1.4 instead.

Happy Hacking,
GlusterFS Team.

--
Anand Babu GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31 Blog [http://ab.freeshell.org] The GNU Operating System [http://www.gnu.org]