[Gluster-devel] 1.3.0pre2

From: Brent A Nelson
Subject: [Gluster-devel] 1.3.0pre2
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 16:05:17 -0500 (EST)

So, I compiled 1.3.0pre2 as soon as it came out (nice, trouble-free standard configure and make), and I found it very easy to set up a GlusterFS with one node mirroring 16 disks to another, all optimizers loaded.

However, it isn't stable under load. I get errors like the following and glusterfs exits:

[Mar 02 14:23:29] [ERROR/common-utils.c:52/full_rw()] libglusterfs:full_rw: 0 bytes r/w instead of 113

I thought it might be because I was using the stock fuse module with my kernel, but I replaced it with the 2.6.3 fuse module and it still dies in this way.

Is this a bug or just that my setup is poor (one node serves 16 individual shares through a single glusterfsd, the mirror node does the same, and the servers are also acting as my test clients) or that I'm not using the deadline scheduler (yet) or...?

Thanks,

Brent