Re: [Gluster-devel] 1.3.0pre2

From: Jimmy Tang
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] 1.3.0pre2
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 21:11:34 +0000

Hi All,

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 04:05:17PM -0500, Brent A Nelson wrote:
> So, I compiled 1.3.0pre2 as soon as it came out (nice, trouble-free
> standard configure and make), and I found it very easy to set up a
> GlusterFS with one node mirroring 16 disks to another, all optimizers
> loaded.
>
> However, it isn't stable under load.  I get errors like the following and
> glusterfs exits:
>
> [Mar 02 14:23:29] [ERROR/common-utils.c:52/full_rw()]
> libglusterfs:full_rw: 0 bytes r/w instead of 113

its funny that you should mention that, I had a similar problem with
glusterfsd as well with pre1, it was happening on a 64bit debian machine
though. it seemed to work on my 32bit ubuntu 6.10 desktop though. I
havent had a chance to try pre2 yet.

Jimmy.

--
Jimmy Tang
Trinity Centre for High Performance Computing,