[Gluster-devel] error durring write for stripe & unify translator

From: mic
Subject: [Gluster-devel] error durring write for stripe & unify translator
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 18:51:23 -0500

Before I ask for help let me just say... wow! What an amazing product!
This has the potential to shake the SAN market profoundly. I was disappointed in Luster because it made itself sounds like it didn't require a SAN but you folks are strait forward and to the point. Kudos!

Now on to the problem:
The process for the glusterfs client is spiking to 100% cpu usage and not responding (have to kill -9) whenever I add a stripe or unify translator to the client volume spec.

There isn't anything in the client log, but the server logs show:
[Mar 03 19:11:01] [ERROR/common-utils.c:52/full_rw()] libglusterfs:full_rw: 0 bytes r/w instead of 113

This only occurs on file writes. I can touch and read files just fine.
None of these problems appear when I just mount a remote volume without the translator.

I'm using the latest glusterfs-1.3.0-pre2 code on centos with fuse-2.6.3 (had to apply a patch before fuse module loaded)

My client volspec is below:

volume client0
  type protocol/client
  option transport-type tcp/client