Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 1.3.0-pre2.2: AFR setup

From: Krishna Srinivas
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 1.3.0-pre2.2: AFR setup
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 00:09:39 +0530

But this setup will be vulnerable to race conditions, for example
if server1 and server2 try to create file with same name in the
same path.

On 3/4/07, Krishna Srinivas <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Gerry,

If there are four machines: server1 server2 server3 server4

server1 server spec file:
volume brick
        type storage/posix
        option directory /var/www
end-volume

### Add network serving capabilities to the "brick" volume
volume server
        type protocol/server
        option transport-type tcp/server
        option listen-port 6996
        subvolumes brick
        option auth.ip.brick.allow *
end-volume

server1 client spec file will be like this:
volume client1
        type storage/posix
        option directory /var/www
end-volume

volume client2
        type protocol/client
        option transport-type tcp/client
        option remote-host server2
        option remote-port 6996
        option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume client3
        type protocol/client
        option transport-type tcp/client
        option remote-host server3
        option remote-port 6996
        option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume client4
        type protocol/client
        option transport-type tcp/client
        option remote-host server4
        option remote-port 6996
        option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume afr
        type cluster/afr
        subvolumes client1 client2 client3 client4
        option replicate *:4
end-volume

here all read() operations happen on client1 as it is mentioned
first in the list of subvolumes. so it serves your purpose.

Let us know if you need more help.

http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS_User_Guide#Automatic_File_Replication_Translator