Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 1.3.0-pre2.2: AFR setup

From: Gerry Reno
Subject: Re: [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS 1.3.0-pre2.2: AFR setup
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 20:40:10 -0500

For my scenario, is it possible to write the client.vol so that it would be identical on all clients? I'm looking for a way that the client would look local first then to remote storage.

### Add client feature and declare local subvolume
volume client-local
type storage/posix
option directory /root/export #my test dir
end-volume

### Add client feature and attach to remote subvolume
volume client1
type protocol/client
option transport-type tcp/client # for TCP/IP transport
option remote-host 192.168.1.25 # IP address of the remote brick
option remote-port 6996 # default server port is 6996
option remote-subvolume brick # name of the remote volume
end-volume

volume client2
type protocol/client
option transport-type tcp/client
option remote-host 192.168.1.26
option remote-port 6996
option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume client3
type protocol/client
option transport-type tcp/client
option remote-host 192.168.1.27
option remote-port 6996
option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

volume client4
type protocol/client
option transport-type tcp/client
option remote-host 192.168.1.28
option remote-port 6996
option remote-subvolume brick
end-volume

### Add automatice file replication (AFR) feature
volume afr
type cluster/afr
subvolumes client1 client2 client3 client4
option replicate *:4
end-volume